Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am an alien.

Today I got to see the cry face. You know the one. The eyebrows knit together, the chin puckers and the bottom lip sticks out. The little nose crinkles, the hands shake, the legs stretch out straight to curled toes. The cry emerges to say that my mother came to me as an alien from outer space, bent over my little bassinet and scared the hell out of me.

I couldn't help but giggle. I scared him on accident, but the little face was so cute I had to watch for just a moment before scooping him up and covering him with reassuring kisses that I really wasn't an alien. Just mama.

1 comment:

CNH said...

Oh Claire does the best one of these! LOL! I also love the "jitter jaw". You know the one where they are crying but not REALLY crying and the little jaw starts to shaking? SO cute!