Friday, June 20, 2008

Edumacated mama!

Well, I done it! I filed for graduation today. Should get my diploma in August in the mail. AA in General Education...with a specialty in biological sciences..or something like that. In other words I took all classes that met the gen ed requirements but were focused on biological sciences-nursing/human development/sciencey type stuff. whipeeeee! I'm edumacated!!!


Will gave me a big congrats hug. He said he was sorry we didn't do graduation celebrations or baby arrival celebrations. I am just glad to be home and be normal. Can we celebrate normal? Do they make cake for that? I like cake.


So, this afternoon a loud baby waking knock on the door occurs. I let Bradley answer it. I am sitting at the kitchen table going over bills with Will. It dawns on us after a minute that Brad is still standing at the door...and a mans voice can be heard. Will gets up to investigate. The man is standing there trying to get Bradley to purchase his services...he is offering to spray paint our address on the curb. *insert the most puzzled look ever, here.* Even Will was a little astonished. Not so much at the sales...as we have heard it all...(someone tried to sell us dirt-yeah-dirt) but the fact that the ding a ling was trying to sell to a 10 year old. Of all the things a ten year old wants to spend his cash on...I don't think the house addy on the curb is on the list at all.


Hour later...knock knock knock...baby awake again....I let Brad answer, and I hear a mans voice say "mom or dad home?" I wrestle myself out of my comfy chair, Ollie dozing off in my arms against my chest. I take my time. I'm irritated. I get to the door. This guy is dripping in sweat and standing way to close to me. He shoves a paper in my face and says he's getting donations for the local homeless shelter. We have a local homeless shelter? Hm. None that I know of. But I just stare at him. I can't take his paper. My hands are full. Obviously full. I smile. Sorry-I don't have any donations. I jokingly ask for an application for next month. He doesn't seem to have a sense of humor. mmmkay.


I decide on a genius solution to this daily door pounding issue that has gone on for months...literally, daily, no exaggeration....
Yup...it's written in crayon. Purple crayon. Scotch taped to the door. I'm edumacated after all! And ya know what? All is silent *big grin* I feel smart!

1 comment:

Asphinctersayswhat? said...

That, my friend, is bad ass, just saved that pic to my HD and going to print it too, maybe laminate it. I want to put it on my door. Not only are you tough as nails and a good mamma, you're absofrickenlutely brilliant!