Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Still struggling (baby Grace)

Today Grace's doctor told us that she will be in the hospital for at least another month. This is probably the hardest news we have had to hear since Grace had her heart surgery. She needs the ventilator so much that it is going to be a very slow process to get her off it. She is also getting treated for reflux, which may have been a contributing factor in her getting sick. We are beyond disappointed at the thought of Grace (and us) being in this hospital for so long. We could really use a miracle right now to see Grace healed completely. We are a bit overwhelmed right now at the thought of having to do this for so much longer. We now have to also give back the dog we've fallen in love since we won't be able to care for him with Grace being hospitalized long term. I (Kristen) have also come down with a cold this morning-I haven't been sick since last January-would love some prayer for Greg and I to both be healthy-Greg has taken time off work to be here to help out, be with Grace and look for another job (or two). Thank you for all your prayers so far...

********
We all continue to think and pray for Kristen, Greg and Grace. I just cannot allow into my head and heart fully what it must feel like to be back in the hospital. I am kindof glad that I have a ton of kids that could potentially carry germs and shouldn't visit there. As much as I want to go hug my friend and reassure her, stepping foot back in that place, or even parking my car in the parking lot would likely invoke a meltdown. I don't want to take away from the seriousness of this families situation, so I am posting a seperate post for Ollie's update... and I ask for persistence in prayer and thought from all. Just a moment of positivity for this little family...

No comments: