Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My little boys...

Last night was a phenomenol night for America. I was brought to tears watching the speeches, and allowing my kids to watch such a historical moment was just. cool. The promise of "yes we can." We can do anything. We just have to step up to the plate in unity. What a warm fuzzy feeling. So the older kids declared that "Obama won Obama won" and I looked to my sweet innocent Kindergartener hoping he wasn't totally lost in the hoopla and said "Ryan, what does that mean that Obama won?" His reply was simple and with no doubt in his voice..."mama, I know what that means, he's our next Prisoner." (I bet he has no idea what he signed up for)

All is well. Oliver had a weigh in appt the other day...and is at a whopping 18 pounds 5 oz. He is 27 inches long, but was wiggly on the tape measure so I'm betting more like 28. I mixed him up some oatmeal since he has been faithfully sucking, lip smacking and attempting to eat whatever he sees go to my mouth, as well as trying to nurse on the side of my water bottle when I get a drink. He had no problem grabbing with both hands the spoon and my hand and pulling it into his mouth. Eyebrows went up, and he proclaimed it was a wonderful idea. With his help he managed about 2ish tablespoons of oatmeal mixed with mama milk. He still nursed afterwards and then had a great nap. It didn't slow down his digestion a bit, the next morning he was regular as ever. We've had oatmeal a couple times now, usually he gets a couple bites in with great enthusiasm. Once he just wasn't interested. It's fun letting him lead. I don't try and finish a jar or make him all clean. He gets to put his hands all over it, and help. In fact, if he's not helping, we don't proceed. It feels so much better to me...this baby led feeding thing. I love how much closer I feel to him and all my kids in general by being more observant to what they are saying and encouraging them in meeting their own needs, but being there if they need help. It's been quite an amazing discovery for us, with truly awesome results in behavior, grades, attitude...
How bout some cute pictures?!
Translation: Mom, I love you. :)


Translation: Grass is AMAZING!

I could eat that camera too...come closer mom...


Fun with Carrots!


Little bites of Oatmeal. Thank you for the highchair and swing Miss Natalia!


Halloween Goodies! We had a great time at my Aunt Mary's. Ryan love his cousin Elise...and I am so glad our families have been able to get back in touch after years away. I was there when Elise was born! Such a cute little screaming pink thing, now all grown up and loving on my little boys. Elana my aunt's youngest goes to school with my oldest now...We have such a sweet history, and our times together seem to fly by so fast!



Shipping out a big box of extra mama milk...Ollie is doing the cute eyebrow thing again..."don't ship me out mama!"


Coffee, snuggles and puppy love at Mammy's house the day after Halloween. Dog licks are the bestest or so Ollie thinks :)


Blessings to you all with much love~
Baby Ollie and family

No comments: