Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Amost 14 months!

Finally broke down and took Oliver into the Doctor. Something was nagging at me and I finally listened to the committee in my brain.


I'm glad I did. Ollie has anemia. Blame it on my detest of red meat. I can't stand it. Nothing containing iron except tuna really appeals to me, and one can only eat so much (read: once a week if lucky) tuna before it becomes nasty too. So, iron supplements here we come. Doc seemed a little worried about the low levels and wants a lead test anyway so off we go to the lab today for some fun with needles. Hear the joy in my voice. Cause I love the word needle and Oliver being in the same sentence. *sigh*


We also discovered the "eczema" on his little leggie that has persisted beyond two weeks is in fact fifths disease. It's not supposed to be a big deal unless one is pregnant. It goes away on it's own, it's caused by a virus and there really is no treatment for it. Since we aren't pregnant, we have no worries. Until I got home and read that it can cause anemia as well. For cryin out loud....this child of mine....


So that's the update on my little monkey boy for now. He's a whopping 23 pounds and 31 inches...above average for his age, so he's obviously not hurting for nutrition! He made a point of showing off to the Doc and saying "hi" "dog" "dada" and of course the all time favorite spammed word in my house "ball." Doc was impressed with the clear vocabulary. And then Oliver looks at me and does baby signs for milk clear as can be and we start nursing. Doc smiled and said he was communicating quite well! I of course was all full of pride. As we left Ollie gave a nice loud (and still with that southern accent) "Bye" as he waved! I just have to giggle at the cute personality that is emerging from this child.


He started giving kisses on demand last night. The tongue hangs out and the mouth stays open, but he does them every time you ask. He gets a kick out of it too. I asked him last night to give me kisses while he was nursing and he stopped nursing to climb up to my face and give me a nice fat wet one!
Oh the love for that ball...tis like no other!

2 comments:

Intertwined said...

I've been thinking about getting the twins tested as well. I know I'm anemic so it stands to reason they might be as well. You can let HIM gnaw on some red meat as long as he's supervised (and if that's OK in your household). I think I'm going to take them in for a WCC and have the dreaded testing done. C has pinprick bruises on her legs and that's usually a good sign for ME....

Anyway, he's PRECIOUS! I do love me some baby kisses!

Vicki said...

omg, i have the most beautiful Grandchildren in the whole world...and smart too! and I am blessed to see what a good mommy they have. thank you for updating!