Monday, February 23, 2009

Checkin in

Well, we finally got the winter cold/flu/whatever bug! Luckily it's not too bad. First Bradley came down with a cough which is so normal ..for Bradley to come home with something first. He missed a couple days of school and had to refrain from riding dirt bikes at his dads during visitation weekend. Now Ryan and Oliver have the same cough, add buckets of mucous, eye goup, and drool for the littlest and you have my life in a nutshell the last weekish. Wiping, blowing, washing, rocking, medicating, napping, rinse and repeat!

And yet...Ollie has managed to discover he can pull him self to a stand on anything 12 inches high give or take. He has not managed to keep his balance. Add some bruises and scrapes to the list.

I knock on wood as I proclaim I have not yet gotten ill. Thank you GOD! And Will has slowly but surely managed to drum up work for himself, under his own business license, and it is a huge blessing to be out from under...let's just say his old boss. He needs more work, but we are not biting our nails nervous and walking around so anxious we are having to work hard to avoid arguments. Come on, I know most of you can relate to that!

Other than all that...same ol same ol...kids in school, me and Ollie hanging out doing baby things, waiting for the next birthday or holiday to arrive. oh yeah, I'm next in our house, and am saying goodbye to my twenties forever. I don't feel as bad as 26 felt. For some reason 26 to me was like, goodbye soft skin and silken hair and cute figure, you're old now. 30 feels...well, kinda good really. Like I'm finally all-the-way a grown up. Do you ever really grow all the way up though? I hope not all the way. That's another post.

I have started a garden. Okay, I put 36 little seeds in little white dixie cups and the kids and I are getting a kick out of watching tomatoes, radishes, peppers, carrots and other plants emerge and grow. Will (while in between searching for jobs) tilled and smoothed a 10 x 15 give or take section of our back yard. He built a little fence to remind the dogs to stay out which works 80 percent of the time. He still has to borrow the tiller again and mix in a few bags of mulch/fluff so we have better drainage when it's time to transplant my little seedlings. But, see, I get the credit for the garden, cause I put the little seeds in the little cups. I add the water. They grow. My garden. See how that works? :P I hope those of you who are local like fresh veggies, cause...me and the kids kinda went overboard...and my garden will soon be your garden too! It's much fun though, and the kids really are getting a kick out of it.

Little does Will know I also bought seeds for watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, pumpkin, and a few kinds of squash which also grow on vines...yes, vines...insert evil grin here. If he reads this he'll be praying for work, anything will be better than the extra gardens I need him to make so the vines don't take over.

So, yeah, nothing much going on around here. Getting over colds. Watching little plants and little babies grow big. My husband seems real busy now days though. :) Pictures soon...I must find my usb cord to empty the camera. (Will tried to help me by cleaning the office while he was home. argh!)
Love to all
Randi

2 comments:

CNH said...

It's good to hear from you! :)

Randi Fay Payton said...

mama! I can't view your blog anymore. :( And I don't have your email either. Ahhh! Shoot me an email so we can keep in touch. I wanna see how the babies are :P ~Huggles to you all~
Randi Fay